Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Sesame Tahini Noodle Salad

It's been quite a while since my last post. A lot has happened. Summer has flown by! Our baby is growing fast! She is now almost 5 months old! I can't believe it. I've slowly been getting back into the swing of things at home with a new baby. My cooking has been much less than it was, mostly because I can't stop playing with Emeline long enough to make anything. We have been blessed with a pretty good baby as far as sleeping and napping goes. She is sleeping from 8:30pm to 7am at night. And taking at lease one nap a day. During that time I have a moment to escape to the kitchen. 

This is my newest favorite. A cold noodle and veggie salad, with a delicious Sesame dressing. 



 Cook and chill Noodles-Your choice of angelhair, thin spaghetti, rice noodles, etc. 
 Thinly slice veggies- I used Broccoli, Carrots(shredded), green onions and Red Bell Pepper
Others that would be good : purple cabbage, snow peas, bean sprouts...etc.

Top cold noodles and veggies with this dressing:
1/2 cup toasted sesame oil
2teas. Honey
4teas Soy Sauce or Tamari
2Tbls. Rice vinegar
1 1/2 Tbls Tahini paste
2 cloves garlic
2teas brown mustard

Put everything in blender/food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.

Warning!! This dressing is addicting!

Side note: I got a can of Tahini paste on clearance at the store for $3.00! That is cheap! 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment