Saturday, May 21, 2011

Garden Goodness..

Not much time to cook lately with my new job, but I did get to work on the garden today. So excited that things are growing beautifully. Two kinds of lettuce are doing great, along with the spinach. Swiss chard has sprouted. Sugar snap peas are going crazy, and I have tomatoes on some of my plants already!

Today I made a trip to Lowes and added some new things. I was excited to find two different kinds of dark heirloom tomatoes (black prince and black jewel)...and I finally found my favorite yellow pear tomatoes. :)
I planted those next to my cherry tomatoes and four kinds of heirlooms I had already planted. That makes 10 tomato plants!

I also planted some Jalapenos and Serrano chilies, and a couple sage plants.

The sun was out and it felt great to be outside and in the dirt.

The front of the house got some pretty pink annuals to spruce up the porch. And..my lilies are starting to bloom!

Happy to have the heat back...it brings fireflies!

Brian and I went on a walk on Thursday night with with dog down to the small park in our community. It was a perfect night, not too hot and the stars were out. When we got down to the park the wild honeysuckle was blooming...my absolute favorite smell! He picked me a large handful of it to put in the house. :)
Can't wait for him to get home from Iowa, so we can take a walk down there again!

No comments:

Post a Comment