Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Chicken Saltimbocca Pasta

Brian loves veal saltimbocca, but I don't buy veal, so he only gets to have it when we go to a restaurant. My solution, make chicken saltimbocca and add some pasta to make it a meal. 


So here it is:

Start by boiling your pasta, saving 3/4 of a cup of the cooked pasta water for your sauce.
I used whole grain pasta, but you can use whatever you like.

Take 6 slices of bacon, chopped small and cook until crispy. Remove from pan, and drain on a paper towel. Save about 2 tablespoons of the bacon grease in the pan and add 3 diced chicken breasts. Brown the chicken, then add one vidalia onion, diced and three cloves of minced garlic. Cook until onions are translucent.

Add fresh chopped sage. I love sage, so I added about 5 tablespoons. You can add more or less depending on your tastes. Saute for a few minutes.

Next add 1/2 cup white wine to de-glaze the pan. Simmer for 5 mins.
Add the pasta water that you saved, and simmer for another 5-10 mins to reduce the liquid.

Optional: I have fresh rainbow chard in my garden, so I added about a cup of chard in with the pasta water. You could also add spinach, collard greens, peas, or any other veggie you think would be good.

When your liquids have reduced a bit add two tablespoons butter, add the bacon back in and add a bit of grated parmesan.

Add your drained pasta in with the sauce and toss to coat it.

Transfer to serving bowl or plates, and top with more parmesan.

YUM!


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment