Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Oreo Goodness...

My friend Sarah has been making these Oreo Balls for a while. Well last night I decided that I had to try them. The recipe is really easy (thanks Sarah!)


OREO COOKIE TRUFFLES
Take one package Oreo cookies and place in food processor. Pulse until you have cookie crumbs.
Combine the cookie crumbs with one package of softened cream cheese. (I think the packages are 8 oz)
Stir to combine well.
Scoop cookie mix with a small ice cream scoop, rolling each one and placing onto cookie sheet lined with parchment.
Place Oreo Balls into freezer to cool.

While they are cooling, melt one bag of chocolate (your choice) I used milk chocolate mixed with some semi-sweet chips. You could use dark or white also.

When balls feel cool enough to dip, dip each in the chocolate and place back onto the cookie sheet with parchment. Decorate with sprinkles, or crushed candy canes if you want.  Cool until chocolate is hard. Place in container and store in refrigerator.

These were SUPER easy to make, and SO yummy! I had leftover melted chocolate, so I dipped some other cookies too. :)

1 comment: